To Make An Ant Farm You will need:
- a small, narrow glass jar
- a larger, wide-mouth jar with lid
- can opener
- moist sand
- string or rubber band
1. Put a 1-inch (2.5cm) layer of moist sand in the larger glass jar.
2. Find an ant hill in a dry place where the soil is loose. Poke the hill with one of the sticks and catch a few ants that come out.
4. Fill the space between the two jars with the moist sand.
Poking the holes requires adult supervision and help.
6. Watch the ants burrow through the sand for a few days. Their network of passageways will amaze you.