How to Make a Pinwheel?
You will need:
- a pencil a ruler
- a piece of thin cardboard, 4 in x 4 in (10 cm x 10 cm)
- a pin
- a small bead
- a stick, about 10 in long (25 cm)
1. Draw two pencil lines, one from each corner of the card to the opposite corner. Make one small pinhole in each corner, just beside the line, and one hole in the center where the lines cross.
2. Cut along each pencil line toward the center. Cut halfway along each line.
3. Bend over each corner so that all four corner holes are on top of the center hole. Push the pin through the holes.
4. Thread the bead onto the pin behind the pinwheel. Push the point of the pin firmly into the stick.
5. Now blow on your pinwheel.
Which way does it turn?
Does it work better if you blow from the front or from the side?